Tuesday 12 July 2011

And so the count down begins....

This trip has been a long time coming. My first experience of Central America was on a university fieldtrip to the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico in 2006. We stayed in the border town of Chetumal, where I was tempted by a glimpse of Belize in the distance - the beautiful Caribbean Barrier Reef and tropical jungles were calling. Sadly I didn't get the chance to visit and have longed to return ever since. My passion is wildlife and Belize has long held the reputation for being a nature fanatics dream. Now I am about to embark on the journey of a life time. My plan is to fly to Cancun, Mexico and make my way south to Belize where I will be volunteering for a bird rescue centre. Then I will travel down though Central America ending up in Costa Rica....hopefully! Viva América Central!

No comments:

Post a Comment